Asia Today chose 50 Korean power leaders for 2011 and released the results today.
One hundred influential figures were recommended by reporters under Asia Today, and through an intense internal discussion, were divided into four different categories.
For objectivity, 200 Asia Today readers currently working in any of the four fields were chosen to aid in ranking the figures for each category. Out of the 50 chosen, 19 are from industrial circles, 14 are government officials, 12 are related to culture and the arts, and five are from banking.
Ranked first is Korea’s figure skating gold medalist Kim Yuna. In the same sports category isManchester United’s soccer player, Park Ji Sung, who ranked in at 38th.
The leading influential figures of the entertainment industry were chosen to be Kolleen Park of KBS’s “The Qualifications of Men,” who came in 25th, followed by girl group SNSD, who came in 44th.
The top 10 are as follows:
1. Kim Yuna
2. Kim Mun Su (Governor of Kyungki-do)
3. Kim Hwang Shik (Prime Minister)
4. Park Yong Man (President of Doosan)
5. Kim Kwang Suk (President of Charmzone Cosmetics)
6. Park Hee Tae (Chairman of the National Assembly)
7. Oh Se Hoon (Mayor of Seoul)
8. Son Hak Kyu (Head of the Democratic Party)
9. Uh Yoon Dae (President of KB Financial Group)
10. Ban Ki Moon (UN Secretary General)